Registration for New Students
All new K-12 students register at their neighborhood school. Find your school on the School Locator web page.
- New elementary students (K-5) may register at their school Wednesday, Aug. 1, and Thursday, Aug. 2. Most elementary schools will be open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, contact the school your child will be attending.
- To register new secondary students (6-12), please contact the school to make an appointment with the Registrar.
School Choice - To have a child attend a school outside of their attendance area, parents must submit a School Choice application by the first day of school. Parents are encouraged to contact each school regarding choice applications. To access the application or for more information, visit the School Choice web page.
Please note: Kindergarten students must be 5-years-old and first-graders must be 6-years-old on or before September 15 to register for school. Learn more about kindergarten registration here.
Please bring the following to the school when registering your child:
- Verification of child’s birth date (birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate, military ID etc... original or certified copies acceptable - necessary only for new kindergarten students and students new to PSD)
- Emergency contact information, including health care provider contact information
- Immunization records or a signed State of Colorado Exemption Certificate, or parent statement is required for personal, religious, or medical exemptions to school immunization requirements. Visit the CDE website to see required/recommended immunizations.
- Copy of student's academic history or current report card (bring a non-official copy; PSD school personnel will request your student's school records from the previous school after your student is enrolled)
- Proof of residency (a copy of a lease agreement, mortgage statement, utility bill, etc.. that shows that parent/guardian lives at address within school boundaries)
- Print, complete and submit enrollment forms below to schools
Other Home Language and Student Residency Forms:
- Home Language / Residency - Mandarin
- Home Language / Student Residency - Vietnamese
- Home Language / Student Residency - Arabic
Current PSD students (K- 11)
- Students who attend a PSD school do not need to register for the following year unless they are moving to a new school or level (ie. elementary to middle school and middle school to high school.)
- Fifth grade students will be pre-registered at their neighborhood feeder middle school in February. Fifth grade students will visit feeder middle schools in April.
- Eighth grade students will be registered at their neighborhood feeder high school. Contact each high school for registration details.
- Fifth grade and Eighth grade students wishing to attend a middle or high school outside their attendance area (or for a program continuation), must submit a School Choice application.