PSD values natural resources
PSD reaffirmed its commitment to sustainability by adopting a Sustainability Management System (SMS) for all of its operations.
Through the SMS, the district strives to:
- Support the district's educational mission by providing spaces promoting health, productivity, and safety
- Reduce life-cycle costs by conserving energy and natural resources, further supporting fiscal responsibility
- Balance educational, financial, and environmental issues in its daily decision making
- Consider and incorporate sustainability into all future procedures
- Inspire commitment to sustainability among district employees
- Serve as a community leader in sustainability and partner with other organizations to further common goals
Energy & Solid Waste Use Data
Data is available showing PSD's part in Colorado's goal to ratchet down greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 20% by the year 2020, using electric and gas use data from 2005 as a benchmark.
School energy data shows monthly electrical and natural gas use and costs, as well as water, trash, recycling statistics, and GHG emissions. For school energy and solid waste reports/information for a PSD site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.