Volunteer for a PSD committee
PSD encourages community members and stakeholders to become involved in decisions and activities that impact students and schools. The district has several committees that parents, staff, students and community members can participate on.
Help guide the Board of Education - Apply to serve on the DAC
PSD's District Accountability Committee (DAC) has several representative seats open for the 2019-20 school year. The DAC is made up of parent and school representatives who work together to offer recommendations about the district's spending priorities, improvement plan, and charter schools to the PSD Board of Education.
The DAC is looking for:
- A parent of a high school student
- A parent of a middle school student
- A parent of an elementary student
- A parent of a child enrolled in the early childhood education program
- A parent of a student in the gifted and talented program
- A parent of a student enrolled in the charter school
- A person who represents the diversity within PSD
- A parent of a child supported by Integrated Services
- A parent of an English language learner student in the district
The committee meets once per month, typically on the third Wednesday, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., in the board room at the Johannsen Support Services Center, 2407 LaPorte Ave.
People interested in serving on the DAC should contact PSD Curriculum Director Robert Beauchamp at 970-490-3667 or firstname.lastname@example.org.