Vision & Hearing Screening Volunteers needed!
Looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help with vision & hearing screenings. No experience? No problem, training will be provided before each screening. Feel free to sign up for several volunteer days!
January screening dates signup - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0F44AAAC28A3FE3-january
Shepardson Elementary -
Would you like to volunteer at Shepardson Elementary with some Kindergarten friends? We would love vibrant, patient, and kind volunteers Mondays-Fridays from 9:20 am - 10:10 am with literacy centers and Mondays and Tuesdays from 2:40 - 3:20 pm for math time. If you are interested, please email email@example.com or call Gabriella at 970.488.4548.
The SART (Sexual Assault Resource Team) is looking for a diverse group of volunteer Mentors who are interested in supporting high school youth as they take on the task of educating their peers about sexual violence. Individuals who have some basic victim advocacy training/skills and a basic knowledge of issues related to gender and sexual violence are preferred (additional training will be provided).
- Attend the initial 2.5-hour mentor training session
- Spring Mentor Training will be held in late January 2019
- Attend an average of 4 to 5 middle school presentations (60-90 minutes each) over the course of the academic year
- Attend approximately 4 to 5 high school presentations (90 minutes each) over the course of the academic year
- Attend one high school all-day (7 AM to 3 PM) training in the Fall (mid to late September or October).
- Assist with training by facilitating small group discussions
- Be a resource to and source of support for peer educators
- Provide constructive feedback to peers before and after presentations
- Be available during class presentations to: help students who may need to process information; provide support and resources to victims/survivors.
- Complete documentation and maintain contact with program coordinator
Please contact the SART Peers Coordinator, Hope Cornelis at (970) 218-4519 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information and to get involved!
Irish Elementary is in need of help with soccer games
Our third fourth and fifth grade students anxiously await their lunch recess to challenge each other at a game of soccer day after day. Some of our kids are in teams outside of school and bring their passion for the game to the Irish field. The natural talent and ability the kids have even at their young age is incredible but even greater is their competitive spirit.
How can you help? Come referee soccer games during lunch recess. Be part of the inspiration as you encourage safe and healthy competition.
Please email Sara Sandoval email@example.com for more details or if you are interested in volunteering.
Putnam Elementary -
- Our fourth-grade team is looking for a clerical volunteer to help with weekly cutting and bagging words for spelling/phonics. This is something the person could take home to complete, or he/she could come to Putnam. Please contact Kristen Dart at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Putnam is updating our Media Center. We would like to find a volunteer to help in our library purging old books from the computer system and from the bookshelves. It would be more of a clerical position (not working with students). Hours are flexible and may take several days. Call me with questions: Tracie Roth 970-488-7704 email@example.com
Laurel Elementary School of Arts & Technology is looking for approved volunteers to come teach engaging hands-on classes to our students on our Double Encore days. The classes will be 45 minute time periods from 9:00 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. on the following dates: 1/24, 3/14, & 5/16.
We welcome you to come teach 3 classes on any of these days! Please contact Mrs. Kimberly Manalo, (970) 217-6022 or firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the schedule.
Ridgebotics Seeks Mentors & Coaches for Fossil Ridge HS -
While combining the excitement of sport with the rigors of science and technology, the student-led competitive robotics team at Fossil Ridge High School –Ridgebotics – is actively seeking additional mentors and new coaches to expand our program. As a part of FIRST Robotics Competition, teams of students are challenged to raise funds, design a team brand, hone teamwork skills, and build and program industrial-size robots to play a challenging field game against like-minded competitors. It’s as close to a real-world experience as a student can get! Volunteer professional mentors lend their time and talents to guide each team. To learn more, please visit www.ridgebotics.com and contact Joe Aurand at email@example.com or 303-589-1504. FRC Team 4388 Ridgebotics is based out of Fossil Ridge High school in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Timnath Elementary -
Volunteers needed to read and play with 3 and 4-year-old students at Timnath Early Childhood. Monday-Thursday, 9-12:30 or 1:00-3:30. We are cute and full of playful fun. We need your helping hands so come play with us and have some fun! Interested? Please contact: Gail Anastasion 488-6857 or firstname.lastname@example.org