Congratulations on your employment with Poudre School District!
Here's what to do next:
Primary Contact: Courtney Rickard, Human Resources Technician
As a new Classified Employee to PSD you must complete the following steps:
1. Complete new hire paperwork and background check:
- Download, complete, print and submit new hire payroll paperwork to the Human Resources/Payroll office located at 2407 Laporte Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80521.
- Upon submission of payroll paperwork you will undergo a background check, including fingerprinting. We conduct fingerprints during the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Once your paperwork and background check have been completed, your photo will be taken for your employee identification/access badge.
- If you are employed in a position that is designated as Highly Qualified (Title I, Title I school, Early Childhood), please provide confirmation of educational requirements when submitting paperwork.
2. Activate your PSD email account:
- After completion of the new hire paperwork, a welcome letter will be emailed to the personal email address you provided with instructions on how to activate your PSD email account.
3. Contact your school or department to notify them your payroll paperwork has been completed and request the following:
- Ordering of your employee identification/access badge
- Information regarding potential trainings
- Information regarding start of school year and/or staff meetings
- Start date, time and work schedule
4. Review Benefits Information:
- If your position includes benefits, an eligibility notice will be mailed to you with instructions on how to enroll in one of the benefits plans along with information regarding plan options. Eligibility notices for new hires will be sent on July 6, 2015. For more information about benefits visit the Newly Eligible Employees webpage.
5. Attend the New Classified Employee Welcome session.
- All new classified employees should attend this class. You will meet the Superintendent of Schools, Sandra Smyser, Ph.D., and other central office personnel and learn about employee programs, policies and procedures, training opportunities, general information about PSD and what classified employees need to know. Register to attend using our PD Online Catalog System. Please note, you will need your PSD email/username and password to log into the system.
6. There will be an All Staff Convocation, we will announce the dates as soon as possible.
7. Review the following additional information/resources:
- Important payroll information
- Employee Online - access to employee payroll portal
- Classified Employee Leave Time and Absence Reporting Information
- Classified School Based Work Calendar
- Employee Agreement
- Employee/Staff website (link to job descriptions, IT information, forms, resources, etc.)
- Link to IT Helpdesk Online
- Resource Guide for New Classified Employees